The Honorable Petrella Robinson
Mayor of Town of North Brentwood
Petrella Robinson was raised in North Brentwood as a child by her great aunt; she still lives in the same house. After marriage to Leon Robinson, they returned to raise their four children, Leon III, Jenessa, Shaleta, and Clinton. She has eleven grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Petrella worked for the federal government as Computer Specialist at Voice of America for 37 years; she received numerous awards and accolades before retiring in 2005. She was also treasurer of the Carl T. Rowan Blacks in Government for four years, and is a lifetime member of the organization.
Current Community Involvements:
- Mayor, Town of North Brentwood, Maryland / May 2007 – present
- Board Member, Prince George's Arts and Humanities Council
- Member, National Conference of Black Mayors
- Assistant Treasurer, Maryland Black Mayors
- Lifetime Member, Prince Georges African-American Museum and Cultural Center at North Brentwood
- Member, Gateway Community Development Corporation
- Member, Anacostia Trails and Heritage Authority
- Member, North Brentwood Historical Society
- Member, First Baptist Church of North Brentwood, Inc.
- Councilperson, Ward I of North Brentwood / 1982-1992
- Clerk, Town of North Brentwood / 1999- 2007
- Member, Municipal Clerks Association
- President / Secretary, North Brentwood Citizens Association
- President, North Brentwood Recreation Council
- County Election Judge Supervisor
Committed to improve Prince Georges County, Town of North Brentwood and the Gateway Arts District in areas of revitalization, economic development and investing in our children for the future.